Imagine a future in which homes, schools, and communities are free from the threat of gun violence. You can help create a safer future for all by including Everytown for Gun Safety Support Fund in your estate planning.
The education, research, and litigation arm of Everytown for Gun Safety, the Everytown for Gun Safety Support Fund is changing the culture of gun safety in homes and schools, and winning in the courts.
When you make a planned gift to Everytown for Gun Safety Support Fund, you are providing the long-term support needed for us to continue advancing life-saving education, litigation, and research – while also offering tax benefits for you and your loved ones. In addition to tax benefits, your contribution will help you leave your community safer for your loved ones and future generations.
Naming Everytown for Gun Safety Support Fund in Your Will
Your will or trust gift may be a specific dollar amount, a percentage of your estate, or the remainder after all other provisions are specified. When preparing your will, consider using language like the following to draft an unrestricted bequest gift to Everytown for Gun Safety Support Fund:
“I give, devise, and bequeath to Everytown for Gun Safety Support Fund (Federal Tax ID: 26-1598353) or its successor, now or formerly at P.O. Box 3886, New York, NY 10163, a gift of ($_____ or _____ percent of the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate), to be used for its general purposes.”
There are many ways to be prepared and create a will. From estate planning attorneys to organizations like FreeWill, which offers online self-help solutions for common estate planning needs and related educational content, we hope you’ll consider making a bequest to Everytown for Gun Safety Support Fund in your will.
Other Ways to Leave a Planned Gift
When deciding how to plan your legacy, we understand that tax consequences are a consideration. Everytown for Gun Safety Support Fund is a registered 501(c)(3) organization and gifts are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.
Other kinds of planned gifts include:
- Naming a beneficiary of your retirement plan: Make a flexible, tax-exempt gift without changing your will by designating Everytown for Gun Safety Support Fund as a full or partial beneficiary of your retirement plan.
- Giving from your IRA: A charitable rollover or qualified charitable distribution from your IRA is a planned gift that will be put to use now. Give any amount (up to a maximum of $100,000) per year from your IRA directly to Everytown for Gun Safety Support Fund without having to pay income taxes on the money.
- Giving stocks, bonds, or other securities: Transferring securities shares to Everytown for Gun Safety Support Fund allows you to give a gift that saves money on income tax and capital gains tax.
Depending on the plan, Everytown for Gun Safety Support Fund can be named as a full, partial, or contingent beneficiary. Include the following information:
Everytown for Gun Safety Support Fund
Address: P.O. Box 3886, New York, NY 10163
Federal Tax ID: 26-1598353
Legacy Society to End Gun Violence
When you leave a planned gift of any kind to Everytown for Gun Safety Support Fund, you become a member of an exclusive group of dedicated supporters, the Legacy Society to End Gun Violence.
In addition to the satisfaction of knowing that your long-term support will help Everytown for Gun Safety Support Fund continue our critical work, members of the Legacy Society to End Gun Violence receive:
- A quarterly newsletter with updates on our education, research, and litigation programs
- Recognition in our annual report
- Invitations to special events with policy experts and leaders of the gun safety movement
- Early access to groundbreaking research reports
- A membership card to the Legacy Society to End Gun Violence
Have you already designated a planned gift to Everytown for Gun Safety Support Fund?
If so, please let us know your plans so we can thank you and welcome you into the Legacy Society to End Gun Violence.
Get in Touch
Are you interested in leaving a legacy gift to Everytown for Gun Safety Support Fund? We want to hear from you! Please fill out our planned giving form and we will get in touch.
Planned Giving Contact Form
Declare Your Intent to Leave a Planned Gift
Not yet committed to leaving a planned gift but want to declare your intent to do so? Your declaration of intent is not binding, and your information will be kept confidential.Learn More
Questions? Please Contact:
Estate planning may implicate both state and federal laws, and estate planning needs will differ based on personal circumstance and applicable law. The information here is not intended to provide, and should not be construed as providing legal or tax advice.